Monday 4 May 2009

screw u, technology!

I'm devastated. hmph.
I think I rely on technologies too much
The thing is, I rarely back up any of my documents somewhere else besides my hard disk
I've kept most of my stuff in my external hard disk and inside my PC
I thought external hard disk can store my stuff permanently, unless I delete them off
This is what happened.
I HAD to reformat my external hard disk
without back them up
I can't save any of my stuff in my external hard disk
My collection of movies + shows
My collection of music
My work documents
even my backup applications
all g o n e
Then, because of some miscommunications
( I'm not blaming u :( )
a miscommunication caused my everything in Local D drive being formatted.
my pictures.......since year 2006, non of them were back up,
all GONE
my work files, all the designing works, all my .ai,.psd and .fla files
all GONE
... I still can't remember what's in that drive
wait till when I need something and I can't find them
it'll then only occur to me
I feel so sad for myself :(
I've learnt my lesson,badly :(

8 comments:

WayeYoung said...

happened to me before too. :(

but im still lazy to backup >.<

Caffery said...

Aww... too bad...

Try to do another backup on CDs/DVDs next time. :)

Hehe, frankly I am lazy doing backup, I also worry this happens on me one day. :P

Rachel T. said...

wayne & Caffery> I was too lazy to back them up in CD/DVD too.XD

Rachel T. said...

sorry. It's Waye!lol XD

Kellaw said...

actually it depends on what reformat you did. if you did the quick one(quick format) you can still save the files. if you did the slow one(going into the sectors clearing and replacing with single byte) then cant be saved liao. try using tuneup utilities program to see if you still have the files there. at times i also delete. the other way is by using checking the disk file table. they might still be there.

Anonymous said...

There's lots of file recovery programs around (free ones also), just do a google search.

Dragon City said...

Like Kellaw said, there is application to recover missing files. I used one before but forget the name already. If you really need it, let me know and I will try to find it.

Rachel T. said...

thanks guys for your suggestions! I'll look into it :D